- Personally identifiable information may only be obtained through lawful means.
- The purposes for which personally identifiable data are collected shall be specified at or prior to the time of collection, and any subsequent use of the data shall be limited to and consistent with the fulfillment of those purposes previously specified.
- Personal data may not be disclosed, made available, or otherwise used for a purpose other than those specified, except with the consent of the subject of the data, or as required by law or regulation.
- Personal data collected shall be relevant to the purpose for which it is needed.
- The general means by which personal data is protected against loss, unauthorized access, use modification, or disclosure shall be posted, unless the disclosure of those general means would compromise legitimate agency objectives or law enforcement purposes.
To access the base content on Alluma, you will not be required to provide us with personal information. We do use website analytic software to measure Website traffic and improve our Website design. We do not collect personally identifiable data from users based on visits to our web pages. However, if a visitor registers to receive newsletters or updates or sends us an email, we will have access to additional information and discuss such opt-in collection in more detail below.
When you request information from a Website, such as Alluma, the web server uses your IP address to communicate with you, and this minimal information is always retained for a period of time on our server. Your computer can be identified from the IP address while you are connected to the Internet, although it normally would not identify you individually as the user. As a matter of course, Alluma will automatically gather certain general information such as the number of visitors on the site and the most frequently visited areas. However, this information will be used in aggregate and cannot be used to identify you personally. We use this aggregate information to try to improve the site, making it more useful and usable.
Those who sign up to be on the Alluma mailing list are required to provide their name and e-mail address. Individuals may choose to provide additional optional information such as their title, organization, and zip code. This information is kept strictly confidential, in a secure and encrypted environment. We do not keep personally identifiable information on user activity on our Website.
Alluma sends e-mails to registered users to share e-newsletters, announcements, product launches and other activities of Alluma. If a registered user receives a text format e-mail, we do not track how you use it. If a user receives an HTML-format e-mail, we track whether the email was opened and which links the user clicked on, if any. We use this information to determine the efficacy of our public outreach.
At any time, a registered user can unsubscribe from the e-mail list by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in e-mails received from Alluma. All personal information is deleted from the database when a person unsubscribes from our Website.
A Special Note About Children
Children (under the age of 18) should not submit any personal information to Alluma, including information required to create a user profile. Alluma does not knowingly collect, store or distribute (to third parties) any personally identifiable information for minors. If you are a minor, you should seek guidance from your parents or guardians.
If you choose to send us email messages, we will use the messages only to respond to them and will not share them with anyone, unless you give us explicit permission to do so or by order of an appropriate court of law directing us to do so.
No Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
Alluma does not sell or provide our mailing lists to third parties (including direct marketing organizations), other than those we use for specific support of Alluma efforts and who have agreed not to provide such information to other third parties.
Security of Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter your personal information on Alluma’s subscription or sign-up forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100 percent secure, however. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information in our possession, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the security of our site, you can e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- whether or not we gather personal information about you;
- whether or not we use information about you; and
- whether or not we disclose your information to anyone else.