This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you access or use this website (www.alluma.org), including any content, functionality and services offered on or through this website (collectively, the “Website”).
This policy applies to information we collect: (a) on or through the Website; and (b) in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and the Website.
It does not apply to information collected by: (a) us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by us or any third party; or (b) any third party, including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to, or be accessible from, the Website.
Please read this policy carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use the Website. By accessing or using the Website, you agree to this policy. This policy may change from time to time, as described below. Your continued use of the Website after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this policy frequently for updates.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We may collect several types of information from and about users of the Website, including information: (a) by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, email address, telephone number or other personal information (collectively “personal information”); (b) that is about you but individually does not identify you; or (c) about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access the Website, and usage details.
We may collect this information: (a) directly from you when you provide it to us; or (b) automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through the Website may include: (a) information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website, including, without limitation, information provided at the time of registering to the Website, subscribing to our services, posting material, or requesting further services; (b) records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us; (c) your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes; and (d) details of any transactions you carry out through the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, if any, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We May Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with the Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including: (a) details of your visits to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website; and (b) information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). Although your browser or device may include “Do Not Track” functionality, the Website currently does not respond to a “Do Not Track” signal from your browser or device. Accordingly, our information collection and disclosure practices, and the choices we provide to users, will continue to operate as described in this policy, whether or not a “Do Not Track” signal is received.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information. This information helps us to improve the Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service to you.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of the Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on the Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. To manage flash cookies, please visit Adobe’s website. However, if you disable Flash cookies or other similar technologies, please note that you may not have access to certain content and product features on the Website.
- Pages of the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
- Server Logs and Other Technologies. We collect many different types of information from server logs and other technologies. For example, we collect information about the device you use to access the Website, your operating system type, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone where your device is located. Our server logs also record the IP address of the device you use to connect to the Internet. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices require to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to the Website and the website you visit after you leave our site. These tools help us improve user experience and deliver our services.
- We may use device-related information to authenticate users. For example, we may use your IP address, browser information, or other data provided by your browser or device to identify the device being used to access the Website. We may also use these device-related techniques for associating you with different devices that you may use to access our content including for fraud-protection purposes and to better target advertising.
- We may use social plugins provided and operated by third parties, such as Facebook’s “Like” button. As a result of this, you may send to the third party the information that you are viewing on a certain part of the Website. If you are not logged into your account with the third party, then the third party may not know your identity. If you are logged in to your account with the third party, then the third party may be able to link information or actions about your interactions with the Website to your account with them. Please refer to the third party’s privacy policies to learn more about its data practices.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting the Help portion of your browser’s toolbar.
Flash cookies operate differently than browser cookies, and cookie management tools available in a web browser will not remove flash cookies. To learn more about how to manage flash cookies, you can visit Adobe’s website and make changes at the Global Privacy Settings Panel.
Your mobile device may allow you to control cookies through its settings function. Refer to your device manufacturer’s instructions for more information.
If you choose to decline cookies, some parts of the Website may not work as intended or may not work at all.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information: (a) to present the Website and its contents to you; (b) to provide you with information or services that you request from us; (c) to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it; (d) to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us; (e) to notify you about changes to the Website or any services we offer or provide though it; (f) to allow you to participate in any interactive features on the Website; (g) in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and (h) for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
Subject to applicable law, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide as described in this policy: (a) to our subsidiaries and affiliates; (b) to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business; (c) to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about the Website’s users is among the assets transferred; (d) to third parties to market their products or services to you only if you have consented to these disclosures; (e) to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it; (f) for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information; or (g) with your consent.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Promotional Offers. If you do not wish to have your personal information used by us to promote our own services, you can opt-out by sending an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
At any time, a registered user can unsubscribe from our email list by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in emails received from Alluma. All personal information is deleted from the database when a person unsubscribes from the Website.
Children Under the Age of 18
The Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have collected or otherwise received any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us immediately at email@example.com.
Phishing or False Emails
If you receive an unsolicited email that appears to be from us that requests personal information, or that asks you to verify or confirm your account or other personal information by clicking on a link, that email was likely to have been sent by someone trying to unlawfully obtain your information, sometimes referred to as a “phisher” or “spoofer.” We do not ask for this type of information in an email. Do not provide the information or click on the link. If you receive an email like this, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter your personal information on Alluma’s subscription or sign-up forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer (SSL) technology. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information in our possession, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the security of our site, you can email us at email@example.com.
We have no control over the privacy of websites that are not our own, which might be linked to from the Website. We reference other websites that you may wish to visit, but be aware that this policy does not apply beyond this site.
It is our policy to post any changes we make to this policy on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you by email to the email address specified in your account or through a notice on the Website’s home page. The date this policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting the Website and this policy to check for any changes.
Questions or Comments
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, or about any other aspect of operation of the Website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.